Our Facilities

Marietta Chapel, 500 Fifth Street

/HadleyFuneralHome/our-facilities/marietta1_e44c5780fc714d249005681ef0e56afd.jpg
The Hadley Funeral Home building, located at 500 Fifth Street at Wooster Street in Marietta, OH, was conveyed by will to Elizabeth Shepard in March, 1832, and the line of ownership is complete from then until present.

The first occupant was Mrs. Laura Clark Chamberlain, the sister of the builder. The second was her daughter, Nancy Chamberlain Gurley, and, in 1917, Mr. F. H. Hall purchased the home and lost it to Dime Savings during the Depression.

/HadleyFuneralHome/our-facilities/marietta2_62bcf90cc11b4edab74ed5e3ca4a4048.jpg

In 1937, Harold B. Hadley purchased the home from the Dime Savings Society, to become the now named Hadley Funeral Home, which opened on Mother's Day, May 5, 1938. The house was remodeled to become a funeral home and has had many improvements over the years, but always keeping the homelike surroundings.

The funeral home has two large chapels, arrangement office, lounge area with coffee and refreshments, chidren's area, and a collection of Marietta High School and Marietta College yearbooks dating back to 1919.

 

 

 

 

 

New Matamoras Chapel, 700 Main Street

The Hadley Funeral Home located at 700 Main Street in New Matamoras, OH, was purchased from James Corum upon his death in 1968. Mr. Corum had been a funeral director in New Matamoras for fifty years and, when his health failed, H. Lee and John J. Hadley would go to New Matamoras, OH, to conduct his funeral services. He made provisions for one of them to purchase it when he died. H. Lee Hadley purchased it and has operated it as a funeral home since 1968. In 1998, the Hadley Funeral Home installed a crematory at the New Matamoras, OH location.

 

 

 

Reno Chapel, 1021 Pike Street

In 2000 Hadley Funeral Home took another step in our family's desire to better serve the area by opening a second funeral home in Marietta. The property at 1021 Pike St. had been owned and operated by Homer and Dolly Smith as Evergreen IGA for 32 years. Their dedication to the people of the area was evident in their hard work and in the ways they supported various causes in and around Marietta.


For many years the Hadley family had been looking for a way to increase the accessibility of the funeral home on Fifth Street as well as the size of the area for family use. So when the Smiths decided to leave the grocery business, the Hadleys purchased the property and are proud to continue the legacy of serving the people which the Smith family began in this location.

 

The Hadley Funeral Home Reno Chapel is a barrier-free facility which is fully handicapped-accessible from the automatic-assisted doors to the handicapped restrooms. A large parking lot, a roomy lounge, and spacious visitation rooms all help to make the Reno Chapel inviting and user-friendly. The chapel which is available for the funeral service seats 130 people comfortably.


Hadley Funeral Home offers Aurora Casket Company's Family Advisor for selection of caskets to meet the needs of the family by use of the internet. The family may customize the casket selection according to the lifestyle of the loved one. This method affords the family a greater selection of caskets in a wide range of materials, colors, and prices. Also, urns and other funeral merchandise are available by this method in a living room setting. The funeral director may also come to the family home and present the same selection by use of our laptop computer. In this manner, the loved one need not leave the home to make the casket selection.

 

/HadleyFuneralHome/our-facilities/reno4_cda617e4868d42d4bce0d70b6c8d8142.jpg 

© Hadley Funeral Home | Marietta & New Matamoras, OH - Funeral Home Website Design By Frazer Consultants